The Keto Cookbook – Ketogenic Diet Information and 96 Recipes
The KETO COOKBOOK is a MUST HAVE – an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE – for all families, carers and associated professionals who need a thorough understanding of the Ketogenic Diet and it’s application for helping reduce seizures in children with epilepsy, and some other neurological conditions.
The Keto Cookbook, co-authored by Dawn Martinez and Laura Cramp, RD, LD, CNSC, is written with the same precision and detail which the very nature of the diet dictates, reflecting the awareness, skills and extensive experience of both women.
Dawn is the mother of Charlotte, who has Dravet’s Syndrome, and who has responded so successfully to the Keto Diet after exhaustive and unsuccessful attempts with AEDs anti epileptic drugs.
Laura is a specialist dietitian at The Children’s National Medical Centre in Washington, DC, working not only with patients and their families, but advising medical professionals and hospital food staff on the intricacies of using the Ketogenic Diet to treat epilepsy and reduce seizures. Keto is just not for losing weight!
Delicious Keto Diet Recipes
Gone is the myth that this diet plan is unappetizing, unpalatable, boring and unappealing ! Beautifully illustrated recipes for 96 different delicious meals and snacks are testimony to this. All recipes:
– are Keto approved
– give the calorie count
– give exact ingredients for a 4:1 ratio diet
– are further described with symbols denoting other aspects of the recipe, e.g. ” Quick”, ” “Vegetarian”, “Freezes well”.
The actual diet, though all important, is only one of many aspects Keto families need to address and fully understand.
Other chapters covering all contingencies to make the rigorous demands of the Ketogenic Diet Plan as manageable as possible include:
– stocking the pantry for the emergencies presented both by unanticipated calamities of the daily schedule to major emergencies such as power-outs, flood, being snowbound etc.
– keeping a supply of instant snacks and frozen meals which can be quickly…
– presentation of the kitchen by removing any temptations from prying fingers
– equipping the kitchen with the essentials for meal preparation, to cut time without precision
– sample letters to present at airports, schools, hospitals etc to facilitate the situation
I highly recommend the “Keto Cookbook” because in the world of the Ketogenic diet, it would be hard to match the combined knowledge and experience of the authors, who have written precisely and professionally, but from a base of heartache and love.
It is hard to estimate the happiness brought to a family of a child suffering with uncontrollable seizures when the Keto Diet is successful in reducing or eliminating seizures. From watching helplessly as their child slowly deteriorates and slips behind developmentally, to seeing the success of the diet – the child re-emerging with their previously known persona, developmentally progressing, regaining speech and other important milestones is an unimaginable stress replaced with unimaginable joy for those involved.